Please read these terms & conditions before agreeing to sign up to any course, tour or expedition.
-These terms & conditions form the basis of the contract between European Walking safari and the client and cannot be varied, unless in writing by European walking safari
-By agreeing to participate on a course or expedition the client verifies that the client is over 18 years of age.
-Throughout this document courses and expeditions refers to courses and expeditions being sold through the website. Please note there are further terms and conditions relating to courses for example course sales, conduct of participants etc, and these are outlined below.
DESCRIPTION AND PRICE OF GOODS AND COURSES
-All descriptions and prices for items are correct and applicable at the point of sale. European walking safari retains the right to change descriptions and prices as required.
-All photographs and descriptions of items are designed to show a true representation of the good or course. They however do not form part of the contract between European walking safari and the client.
-All courses and expeditions are sold subject to availability. Any courses sold that are not available will entitle the client to a full refund within 14 working days, (although we would aspire to refund you immediately subject to security checks).
-European walking safari accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or injury resulting from the use of any good sold from this website. Knowledge of and adherence to local laws and or statutes is the responsibility of the client.
-There is no contract between European walking safari and the client until European walking safari has received your email confirmation for involvement in a course or expedition.
-European walking safari reserves the right to refuse to accept orders from individuals or companies without further explanation.
-European walking safari, its employees and other agents shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage including loss of profit or any other form of compensation.
-European walking safari reserves the right to change these terms of sale without notice to you in relation to future sales, all changes will be made available for clients and potential clients to see on this website under the terms and conditions section.
-Please note these course terms and conditions are in addition to the terms and conditions outlined above. The course terms and conditions continue to form the basis of the contract between European walking safari and the client.
-Course participants must be over 18 years of age or accompanied by an adult and agreed with European walking safari. Course participants must have a good standard of general fitness. European walking safari cannot be held responsible for any losses incurred as a result of failure of clients to disclose medical conditions.
-If the client arrives late, or cannot make the start time of the course, European walking safari will not be in a position to be able to operate the course for the client, this is due to the remote nature of the course locations and the substantial logistics involved in operating such a wilderness course, late arrivals or notice of late arrival is classed as cancelation by the client (You may wish to check with your travel insurance to see if you could claim the cost of the course back).
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
1. Booking will be confirmed on receipt of full payment of deposit (if course begins within 6 weeks), or a minimum non refundable deposit of 20% of the full course fee. Some higher value courses demand a higher non refundable deposit due to the costs in marketing and operating the booking.
2. All payments must be cleared before booking is confirmed, and the course must be paid for in full 6 weeks prior to the start date of the course.
3. European walking safari reserves the right to refuse any booking without giving a reason.
4. In relation to a group booking a non refundable deposit will be taken appropriate to group size to secure your booking.
5. A contract is entered into with the person who is attending the course upon confirmation of the booking, this booking is non transferable and charges will apply as outlined below if cancelled. Courses may not be re-sold or transferred to others in any manner.
6. If space is available, course bookings can be moved provided the start date of the original course booking is greater than 6 weeks away, and will be subject to a £20 administration fee.
CANCELLATION BY CLIENT
1. Cancelling 45 days or more before departure: Client is charged a service fee of 30 euros
2. Cancelling 44-21 days before departure: client is charged 30% of total trip value
3. Cancelling 20-7 days before departure: client is charged 75% of total trip value
4. Cancelling 6-3 days before departure: client is charged 90% of total trip value
5. Cancelling less than 3 days before departure: client is charged 95% of total trip value
6. The client acknowledges that such cancellation charges are reasonable due the need of European walking safari to make substantial preparations in advance.
POSTPONEMENT AND ALTERATIONS BY EUROPEAN WALKING SAFARI
While European walking safari will make every effort to run the courses as scheduled there may be circumstances (e.g. extreme weather conditions, pandemic,) when we are forced to postpone a course. In these circumstances, an 18 month voucher to the same value for the same course will be issued, or an alternative date will be offered.
1. European walking safari expects its clients to behave in a safe and reasonable manner throughout the course, and not to jeopardise the enjoyment or the safety of other course participants or themselves. In particular:
2. No alcohol or illegal drugs are permitted, and clients must not be intoxicated at any time during the course.
3. Clients are responsible for bringing adequate clothing and equipment to the course, as per the Kit List, which will be sent to all clients prior to the course.
4. Clients must comply with all reasonable instructions and directions from the trip leader, and in particular no knives must be used until the trip leader is satisfied that the clients have been fully instructed in knife safety.
5. No fires are to be lit without the express consent of the trip leader, and fires must not be left unattended at any time.
6. Clients are requested to respect and to follow European walking safari’s Environmental Policy.
7. Clients are responsible for any equipment issued to them during the course, and will be liable for loss or breakage. All equipment must be handed back in the same condition it was issued in.
Failure to comply with the above may result in removal from the course, without refund, and European walking safari will not be liable for any subsequent losses.
INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
1. The courses take place in a variety of habitats, and the client acknowledges that these environments are never completely hazard free. European walking safari makes every effort to minimise risks, we will not be held liable for accidents, mishaps or losses, or for any accidents or losses which are due to client's failure to follow the instructions of the Instructors.
3. European walking safari cannot be held responsible for any losses or damage to persons or clients' personal belongings, clothing, money or vehicles.
4. It is the client's responsibility to ensure that they at arrive at the designated meeting point in a timely manner in order to be able to join the course.
5. Therefore European walking safari recommends that clients consider taking out their own personal insurance if they require it.
6. European walking safari will not be responsible for any accidents or mishaps occurring to third parties taught by attendees of any European walking safari course.
Any Complaints should be directed in the first instance to the trip leader during the course/expedition, so that the issues can be resolved at the time. Any complaints that arise after the end of the course must be put in writing to European walking safari within 28 days of the end of the course. European walking safari will not be liable for in respect of any complaints received after this time.
The Client agrees that any photographs taken by the trip leader during the course may be used by European walking safari in promotional material, either printed or on the Internet.